Sunday, April 25, 2010

16.04.2010 Abu Simbel, Egypt



This is the main reason of me coming to Egypt. Can't believe that I actually made it here. I finally fulfilled my 10 year-old dream to visit this place. Well, not all gain with no pain. We parted with USD$80 per person, got up at 2 a.m, joined the convoy at 3.30a.m. and 3.5 hours ride to the temple one way.

Sunrise @ The Desert

Old Location of Abu Simbel - Now Lake Nasseer

The Magnificent Temple

4 Big Ramses II

Little Guardians

Nefertari Temple

The 2 Temples

It costed UNESCO 4 years and USD$40mil to move these 2 temples to where they are now. Worth every penny.


4 comments:

HuiHui said...

glad that your 10 year-old dream come true for you. :)

Soporific said...

thanks!! :)

Tien said...

It is funny, I almost cried when I see your postings on Egypt. I am glad to be able to see Egypt thru ur eyes... Thank you!

Soporific said...

thanks...eh? very funny kah...